1. Morat says:

I certainly do not wish to offend you, Pennhigh, but you seem to misunderstand something. The Flying Spaghetti Monster (bless his noodly apendage), created everything around us. I do not think that your’ fictional messiah is of any real benefit to the people on this site and frankly your attempts to convert are bordering on the offensive.

Now I’m a fairly tolerant person, but to be brutally honest the sado-masochistic imagery of your god-child nailed to a plank, whilst mildly arousing, is not really enough to pull the followers of the one true god to your den of lies. If I believed in a “hell”, as you carpenty enthusiasts put it, I would condemn you to burn in it for eternity for your lies.

Ask yourself, Pennhigh – if that is indeed your real name and not merely another deceipt – what kind of god does not place pirates above all others? There work to combat environmental damage clearly denotes a level of understanding of his noodliness above all others. To think otherwise is both outrageous and absurb.

I call shennanigans on this one, Pennhigh and I think you should take your so called god and stick it in your sanctimonious bumhole.

2. Grendel_Kane says:

Speaking as someone who is from Kansas and also as a person who has faith(although not sure in what)I find your letter clever, well written, and thought provoking.
    I will point out, however, that just earlier this year in Pennsylvania a case was brought before Federal court in which several parents were outraged at a school who handed out pamphlets about so-called “intelligent design theory” and filed suit against the school and school board. The FEDERAL court ruled in favor of the parents saying that the “theory” of “intelligent design” was based soley on faith and not on scientific evidence and therefore could not be taught in a school by reason of the separation of church and state amendments laid down in the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION.
    Matters of Faith are just that and have their place….in a house of faith(cathedral, sinigogue, church, temple). That place is NOT the science classroom. Science is an institution based on FACT. Faith is an institution based on THEOLOGY. Newton’s faith did not make an apple all on his head. Einstein’s faith did not help him come up with relativity. The space station was not built on faith. I know what you are thinking now “God made the apple fall!” or “Christ gave Einstein the theory of relativity.” To that I say that I feel sorry for you. You have so blindly fallen into your faith that there will be no doubt in your mind that you are right. You will pick my response here apart pointing out all of my logical flaws and hypocracy. To that I say… WARS have begun for less than that. FACT is one of the most bloodiest wars was fought over faith(The Crusades). FACT is some believe we are fighting a war like that one now(on terrorism).
    My closing argument is this: The Theory of Evolution has behind it many proven facts. The Theory of Intelligent Design has behind it religious dogma and faith. Looking at that reasoning as the judge in Pennsylvania did my view becomes clear.

KEEP YOUR INTELLIGENT DESIGN AND YOUR FAITH OUT OF THE SCHOOLS AND IN THE CHURCH WHERE IT BELONGS.
    LEAVE THE SCIENCE IN THE CLASSROOM AND THE LAB.

Or maybe we should just not teach anything at all and be dumber for it.

3. EvanR says:

RAmen.

4. Stevekun says:

I must say, even though I don’t trully believe in your religion, I can point out it’s more “logical” (there’s no such word to express what I mean to say) than most religions, even more than Christianism. Why do I say this? Because it DOESN’T STATES THAT IT’S GOD IS THE ONLY UNIQUE ONE AND THAT OTHERS SUCK, it leaves place to chances. And I love chances. Thanks, I’m a maths addict. Anyhow, to any christian guy out there, I’ll love to say this on your faces, but as you can see, I’m pretty much limited: How can you asure the Christian or whatever religion’s God is the real one? How can you be called by Him taking into account YOU said you CANNOT prove it exists, and It is only fed up by your unfinishing faith?

PD= I’d laugh if a christian said God talked to Him and tomorrow the Flying Spagetti Monster appears in the TV saying It is the only God out there. Really, I’d make a book about that.

Ramen.

5. crocodile says:

Hi all
    i’m really happy to see how the tolerance full fill the mind of the Cristhians ;-).
    That’s the problem with faith, it is not possible to build a discussion around faith, it as to be accepted as is. And the need of peoples having faith to save (or burn) the others that does not, could be the problem.

6. crocodile says:

ADD FAITH AND ECONOMIC INTEREST AND YOU’LL GET A DANGEROUS MIX

7. anastis says:

In response to Brianna’s post: “I’m fairly certain that you don’t yourself believe we were created by a flying Spaghetti Monster (considering both spaghetti and the idea of monsters are both products of man’s creativity and imagination),”.

Considering what you said, the idea of gods are too products (or byproducts I might say) of the man’s creativity and imagination. Furthermore, I don’t see a reason in your thoughts not to believe that noodles and monsters pre-existed humanity, and as all gods, were found and worshiped at some point onwards in the human history. Manifestations of early noodly appendages date back to B.C. 5000, providing proof that the FSM is the first and only real god, pre-dating yours and most others’ gods.

Also, His noodly divinity keeps us FSM believers united in a single, monolithic, and true body of religion, in contrast with virtually all other religions which at least once in their history have experiences a schism and formed other branches. Christianity alone (just a random example) has over 700 branches, all having contradicting beliefs, even contradicting the role of Jesus Christ.

In conclusion, my point is, you create religions on what you want and suits you to believe, whereas we base our beliefs on what is true and what’s not. It was our choice to believe in His noodly appendage, and you’ll never see some of us believing in Flying Tagliatelle/Pappardelle/Fettuccine Monsters.

8. Voice of Reason says:

In a word – FABULOUS!! I bow down to you and your (and now mine as well) god – the Flying Spaghetti Monster. May the sauce be with you…

9. Steve says:

Yeah, everyone keep mocking. Enjoy yourself while you can. Laugh with your father Satan. You poor, poor people; you have no idea.

10. Nick says:

I heart you….

but it all makes sense now!

why else would every culture dig pasta and noodly-ness?
    why else would sphagetti and meatballs be so damn tasty?
    why aren’t I having sphagetti for dinner?!

I’m spreading the word! my friends, my co-workers, my boyfriend!

all will worship his graceful noodlyness!!

is it blasphemy to say god bless the flying sphagetti monster?

11. Justin Case says:

Personally I think it is really weird how you people think that the universe was really created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster just because in the Gopspel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster it says that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created everything! Just because there is a book that says that he created everything does not mean that it is true!

See, God really created the universe. I have proof! It SAYS SO in the Bible. So it must be true. Get it?

12. John says:

I just wanted to be the first to comment today.
    May the FSM bless all who believe.
    Ramen