1. Tabitha says:

At last I find the one place where my affirmations of faith are truly held in esteem.
    Thou art my god Flying Spaghetti Monster, and mayst His Noodly Appendage guide me.
    RAmen

2. Geona says:

I’m an American who’s been living in Spain for 7 years and I’ve only just heard of your site/religion. Though parody is often taken only at face value as comic relief, the serious arguments behind your open letter are pretty close to irrefutable. What the school board is doing in Kansas is a travesty, and spells red-level danger. Actually, whether life was put into motion by a Christian, Jewish or Islamic God, Greek gods, the Spaghetti Monster or chance subatomic processes is irrelevant to the issue at hand. What Kansas board members and perhaps most Kansas residents and perhaps too damn many Americans fail to realize, is that THEY LIVE IN A WORLD, not only in Kansas or the US. Teaching children Intelligent Design is underpreparing them for that world, handicapping them. It’s like taking little Johnny aside before he runs out onto the baseball diamond and spooning his eyes out and beating one of his legs into disuse, justifying your actions with a claim of worldwide prejudice against the blind and crippled. The world is shrinking. As adults, children now growing up in Kansas will have to meet, work and reason with children now growing up in New York, and quite possibly London, Paris, or Cairo. Do we really want to skew their general knowledge, and worse, store their distorted perceptions of the world in the deepest parts of them, where belief resides? Here’s a cold fact. Europeans hate us. Yes, part of it comes from old grudges, nationalism, yearning for the days when their countries were number one or two, sheer jealousy of our wealth, scope and influence. But that hate is also based on what they see and hear. It is based on their much more modern and civilized worldview, much more humanistic morality. For example, how dare Bush even mention God and Iraq in the same sentence? And here’s what really scares them: HOW COULD THERE REALLY BE AMERICANS WHO SWALLOW THAT HOGWASH? Children growing up on Intelligent Design will not only swallow it, they’ll relish it, ask for more. And when it’s their turn, when they have their fingers on the world’s red buttons, they’ll spew it. Look out, world. America is preparing its ignorant minions, and they shall fall upon thee.

3. Austin says:

All hail his noodly appendage.

I am a proud pastafarian, and so are all my friends. I would never talk to someone who was so stupid to believe in all of the fake religions out there -cough-.

ALL HAIL FSM!~

4. Tate says:

i have spoke to the allmighty fsm and it said with a booming voice send me 14.95 and i will heal you,forgive you of all your wrong doings plus a free one of a kind bleesed tee shirt .

5. Marc says:

I am from Barcelona (Spain), sorry for my deficient english.

I have seen the light, and now I am a proud pastafarian. :D

6. John says:

Geona, while I agree with all your points, this bit made me laugh:

“Here’s a cold fact. Europeans hate us. Yes, part of it comes from old grudges, nationalism, yearning for the days when their countries were number one or two, sheer jealousy of our wealth, scope and influence.”

That attitude is yet another reason why Europeans dislike Americans. Oh and I have some bad news for you, its not just Europeans, its basically the entire planet.

7. Matt says:

All hail his thick and chunky sauce!
    Ramen

8. Pacific PanDeist says:

Oh dear me, open up that can of worms!! I am a pandeist, can we also teach pandeism– that there was a God who created the Universe by becoming the Universe, leaving nothing of God? Can we teach Last Thursdayism, that the universe was created last Thursday, and everything that appears to the contrary (even our memories of last Wednesday) is God’s illusion to trick us?

//// Pacific PanDeist

9. Ashera says:

I so love reading every one of the posts here. That people think religion should not be in school, that science should not be in religion… dang, one begat the other… but which came first, the religious chicken or the scientific egg? Who knows, but both sure taste good!!!

Long live the Flying Spaghetti Monster, may his noodles be of rice so those of us with sensitivities to the wheat demons may partake of his goodness!!

RAmen!

10. Arhasza says:

Brilliant, man, brilliant =). In one day, you have done what 21 years of Christians could not do: convert me. All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

PS – To all you Christian nuts who left comments, you really aren’t helping your image at all. May you know the Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster’s Noodly Appendage, that you may not be subject to the Lake of Fiery Garlic Breath.

RAmen

11. Mark says:

I am Australian, and, though I was disappointed that you had to write the letter, I was pleased to find your letter and learn of the interest it generated in the USA: it gives me hope that the US is not too far down the path which Geona fears.

12. Krockeluti says:

Let us pray.
    Oh holy Noodliphant, may thy spaghettishness squirm through the minds of the disbelievers! OH HOLY NOODLIPHANT, forgive them for they know not that only ketchup can purify their ignorant vains! They know not that only YOUR meatballs entwined by your shiny Appendage can carry the message and embodiment of TRUE ETERNITY! Please oh Noodliphant, let us forgive them! Semen.